It's not exactly news at this point; but we opened our second cafe in June. The new location is on Main and 13th.
Interesting things about the new cafe:
- it's approximately 3X the size of the cafe on 4th Ave.
- we make doughnuts there! Our little side project is called, "Lucky's Doughnuts"
- the doughnuts are really good!
- with the patio, it's around 100 seats.
- there's parking in the back.
- it will be our hub for classes and training sessions shortly
- it houses the first Kees van der Westen "Spirit" espresso machine in the country.
- we've got the espresso bar, as well as a full hand-brew bar, as well as batch brewed filter coffee
- we announced the opening at dinnertime the night before; there were a few people waiting out front at 7 when we opened the doors.
- we've already extended the hours. We're 07:00 to 22:00 Monday to Saturday and 07:30-20:00 on Sunday.
- 5 years ago we started planning, and 2 years ago, doughnut man, Colter Jones started taking pastry and doughnut courses
- it was 5 full months of construction
- and there's doughnuts